Accepting These Terms
BY DOWNLOADING THE APP OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS BELOW. Please read all of the terms before you use the Service. If a term does not make sense to you, please let us know. If you don’t agree to all of the terms below, you may not use the Service.
Collection of Information
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Service
When you access or use our app, we automatically collect certain information about you. This information includes:
- Log Information:We log anonymised information about your use of the app, including the type of device you use, access times, filter choice and location information. We anonymise this information by hashing it and use the data purely for analytic and product improvement purposes. The information about your pictures is always associated anonymously to the device.
- Device Information:We collect anonymised information about the mobile device you use to access our app, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information. We use this anonymised information for analytic and product improvement purposes.
- Location Information:We collect anonymised information about the location of your device each time you access or use the app. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We do not use any cookies or tracking technologies, apart from anonymised GPS tracking when using the app. We may use anonymised information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, deliver, maintain, test and improve our Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our app and improve and personalize the Service;
- Detect, investigate and prevent any suspected breaches of our Terms of Service; and
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Connect you with other users in your contacts.
Storage of Information
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, but we cannot guarantee that our system is infallible.
Olympus Fitapp is based in the UK, and the information we collect is governed by U.K. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.K. and other countries.
Sharing Of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Olympus Fitapp or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Olympus Fitapp App’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
OLYMPUS FITAPP ltd is based in the U.K. and the information we collect is governed by U.K. law. By accessing or using the Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.K. and other countries.
We may allow third parties to provide analytics services to us in order to learn from our users and improve the Service we provide. These entities may collect information about your use of the Service, device information, location information, time spent in app, and conversion information. This information may be used by us and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand our user’s activity.
OLYMPUS FITAPP ltd takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Please do your part to ensure security. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account information, and for controlling access to your device. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Facebook make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your web browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our website.
Push Notifications and Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
If you have given your email address via our website or other communications, you may receive promotional communications from Olympus Fitapp. To opt out, follow the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
When you first launch the App, you will be asked to consent to our use of location information. We require this location information in order for the Service to function as designed.
- If you consent to our collection of location information, you may subsequently stop the collection of this location information at any time by pausing location tracking from within the application’s settings menu, or by changing the location preferences on your mobile device. However, if you stop the collection of this location information, you will not receive the full benefit of the Service.
- If you consent to our collection of location information and you do not subsequently stop the collection of this location information, the Service will continue to collect this location information.
- If you consent to our collection of location information, subsequently stop the collection of this location information and later consent to the collection of this location information, the Service will resume the collection of location information.
- You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove the App from your device.